Schedule Free Case Evaluation

(202) 580-4559

Green Card for International Organization Employees

Certain long-term international organization employees and their eligible family members may apply for special immigrant status and adjust status in the United States (become permanent residents – a Green Card holders).  as long as their organization remains recognized.

Here is the list of the organizations that are recognized as international:G-4

  • North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) by y statute (INA 101(a)(27)(L));
  • Organization of American States (OAS);
  • Inter-American Defense Board (IADB);
  • Inter-American Defense College (IADC);
  • International Monetary Fund (IMF);
  • World Bank;
  • International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (INTELSAT); and
  • International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (ITSO).

A retired officer or employee of such an international organization (or their spouse) or a surviving spouse of a deceased officer or employee is eligible for  Green Card if

  • While maintaining your status as a nonimmigrant, you have resided and been physically present in the U.S. for a total of at least half (50%) of the last seven years before you apply for adjustment of status or for a visa;
  • You have a combined period of physical residence in the U.S. of at least 15 years before your retirement; and
  • You filed Form I-360 no later than six months after your retirement.

An unmarried son or daughter of a current of former officer or employee of a designated international organization can apply for Green card if they have a combined period of physical residence in the U.S. of at least seven years between the ages of 5 and 21; and they apply for either an immigrant visa or adjustment of status no later than their 25th birthday.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY